Barefoot Merlot Glazed Brownies
What to do with a spare half-bottle of Barefoot Merlot? But of course, brownies! These brownies with dark chocolate and Merlot can satisfy any sugar craving. The combination of dark and slightly sweet chocolate with irresistible cocoa makes it well nigh impossible not to eat them all at once.
- 1/4 cup Barefoot Merlot
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- For the Merlot Glaze: 2 tablespoons Barefoot Merlot
- For the Merlot Glaze: 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- For the Merlot Glaze: 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate together until smooth.
- Add the wine and whisk until fully incorporated and remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and whisk to combine after each addition.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the batter into a 9x9 tin foil-lined baking pan and place it in the oven for 25 minutes and bake until done
- While the brownies are baking, melt together the semi sweet chocolate and butter for the glaze.
- Once melted, whisk in the wine and set aside.
- When the brownies are done, let them cool.
- Once cooled, drizzle the glaze over the brownies and spread it on top using an offset spatula.